Mattapoisett Lions Club to Award (2) $2,500 Scholarships
2019 Peter Hodges Memorial Scholarship Award
This scholarships will be awarded to residents of Mattapoisett, Marion, or Rochester, Massachusetts who has been accepted to pursue education beyond a secondary level at an institution deemed accredited by the Mattapoisett Lions Club Scholarship Award Committee. The Committee will take into consideration the applicants' service to the community, character, scholastic potential, and extracurricular activities. Emphasis for the selection of scholarship recipients will be placed on service to the community.
Scholarship Application Checklist
Please include the following - (you may be creative in how you present your information!) (Please use paperclips instead of staples when submitting multiple documents and ensure your name is on each paper included.)
Publicity - Applicants and/or recipients agree to release their name and photo for Mattapoisett Lions Club publicity purposes. If under 18 at time of application, please provide parent/guardian signature as well.
- Essay explaining career goals/future plans, and how you plan to continue to incorporate service to your community (300 words or less)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from non-relatives (examples: teachers, principal, employer, church, director of the volunteer organization you are involved with.)
- List and description of any public service and/or volunteer work/please include dates and number of hours.
- List and description of any school honors/awards
- List and description of any extra-curricular activities and/or school offices held
- List and description of any summer/part-time employment
- List of post-secondary schools applied to
- Official High School Transcript
Applicant signature: _____________
Parent/guardian signature (if student is under 18):______________
In submitting this application, I certify that the information provided is complete and accurate to the best of my knowledge.
Please return completed packet to:
Mattapoisett Lions Club Scholarship
Award Committee Chairman ℅ Helene Rose
PO BOX 268
Mattapoisett, MA 02739
Deadline: The deadline for 2019 applications has passed. Please monitor this site for the 2020 application season.